2018 Parade Registration Form
The Antigonish Highland Games Grand Street Parade has become an annual Saturday morning family tradition for many Antigonish residents and visitors. Thousands of people line West and Main Streets to watch the many floats, vintage cars, and visiting pipe bands move through town.
As the unofficial kick off to the weekend field events, the Grand Street Parade begins on the StFX campus at the Charles V. Keating Millennium Centre and moves down West Street onto Main Street to end at the entrance to Columbus Field.
The parade is preceded by the Elite Mile Road Race, a high-caliber race including only 15 of the fastest males and female competitive racers in the area. The Elite Mile Road Race starts at 8:50 a.m. using the same route as the parade.
Once the runners have sprinted to Columbus Field, the vintage cars, marching bands, community organizations and businesses, and many other participants make their way to the field.
Cash prizes are available for first, second, and third place entries in the following categories: Best Vintage Car, Best Commercial Float, and Best Non-Commercial Float.
Entries who are registered to participate in the parade are asked to arrive at Millennium Centre no later than 8 a.m. using the entrance to StFX via St. Ninian Street. Judging begins at 8:15 a.m. followed by the presenting of the plaques and prizes. Judging will be based on presentation of the entry including the decoration, costumes, music, etc.
- Pre-registration is mandatory.
- Have a copy of your insurance on hand Saturday morning for the Parade Chair. Proof of insurance is needed in order to participate.
- The Elite Mile will precede the parade.
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each division will be given out prior to the parade.
- Parade signs must be returned to Club 60 immediately following the parade.
- Candy can be passed out by persons accompanying a float.
- It is illegal to throw anything from a parade float.